The Daily Beacon is currently investigating the events that took place early Saturday morning, Sept. 22, at the Pi Kappa Alpha (PIKE) fraternity house, resulting in the hospitalization of Alexander Broughton, a sophomore majoring in logistics.

The victim's father, Mark Broughton of Memphis, claims the situation has not been thoroughly investigated to date.

"There are erroneous reports out there," Mark Broughton said, late Tuesday night. "There are significant errors that have been reported and we will correct them."

Speculation emerged after local and national news sources cited police reports that linked alcohol enemas with an incident at the Pi Kappa Alpha house. Alexander Broughton was dropped off at UT Medical Center with a Blood AlcoholContent level of over .40 early on Saturday morning.

Knoxville Police Department spokesman Darrell DeBusk said in a news release on Monday that they believed fraternity members were using rectal enemas to facilitate rapid intoxication, but no official police report confirmed this allegation by the time of printing.

University of Tennessee Police Department Chief Troy Lane has refused to comment on the ongoing investigation.

"We are talking to both the UTPD and KPD, the fraternity, and the fraternity's members," Mark Broughton said. "We will have a statement, we hope tomorrow."

Pike has been suspended from fraternal activities for 30 days by its national headquarters.

Mark Broughton said that his son is doing fine.

"He went to classes today," Mark Brougton said. "He is livid with the defamation of his character."

The Daily Beacon decided Monday not to report on the issue until vetted sources close to the situation could be cited.

"He loves UT, he loves his fraternity," Mark Broughton said of his son. "We place no blame on the fraternity."