As the game turned: Tennessee's second SEC home game kicked off with an erratic first half as each squad led by as many as six but combined for 13 turnovers in the opening period.

Arkansas raced out to a 13-6 lead, only to see the Vols immediately counter with a 12-0 run. UT would falter before the break as the Razorbacks knocked down four first-half 3-pointers and trailed by only two at intermission.

"Arkansas (is) just a team, they fight, they battle," head coach Cuonzo Martin said. "They make it hard on you."

Jordan McRae opened the second half with eight quick points, but the Razorbacks reeled off an 11-0 run, opening up an eight-point lead with 14:04 remaining.

Tennessee would claw back, though, as Josh Richardson's 3-pointer tied the game at 63 mid-way through the second half.

Six minutes later, a five-point possession gave UT the lead for good. Following an intentional foul call, Jerrone Maymon hit two free throws and McRae nailed one of his four second half 3-pointers, pushing the Vol advantage to 71-68.

Hot topic: Martin's squad locked down their free throw shooting Wednesday evening, outscoring the Razorbacks 30-11 at the line.

McRae's hot free throw shooting was especially crucial as the senior guard single-handedly closed out the Volunteer win from the line.

McRae hit 10 free throws in the second half, all of which came in the game's final 2:25.

"I really wanted the ball, especially at the end when they were fouling," McRae said. "This is a game that we didn't want to lose at home, especially home games like this."

Spotlight: Despite playing a combined 29 minutes in the last eight games, sophomore guard Armani Moore turned in a solid performance Wednesday night, posting five points, four rebounds and a career-high four blocks in 18 solid minutes.

"Armani is a really special player for us," Maymon said. "He brings a lot of energy for us. He can switch one through five. He is a tough guy and that is what we need coming off the bench.

"He has that spark that we need."

Minutes upon entering the game, Moore nailed his first 3-pointer in almost three weeks, giving UT its first advantage, 16-13.

All four of Moore's swats came in the final five minutes of the first half, each one drawing a significant roar from the 14,034 in attendance.

The other guys: Coty Clarke scored 16 points as the Razorbacks suffered their fourth loss in five games.

Outside the box score: The loss dropped Arkansas to 2-21 in road games under head coach Mike Anderson.

Say something: Martin on McRae's scoring outburst: "For him, that was more of Rocky Top (League), just let's play, getting up the court and making plays because the way they play, you have to be able to make individual plays."

By the numbers:

25: Arkansas outscored UT 25-6 in bench points.

37: The two teams combined for 37 points off turnovers.

26: Under Martin, the Vols are 26-3 when scoring at least 80 points.

Up next: The Vols travel to Gainesville, Fla., on Saturday as they take on the No. 6 Flordia Gators. Tipoff is slated for 4 p.m.