As the game turned: With 14:25 remaining in the second half, a 3-pointer by sophomore forward Derek Reese pushed the Tennessee lead to 10 points.

Three bad possessions for the Vols, however, saw Georgia creep back to within seven and it seemed as if UT may be in for yet another nail-biter.

Antonio Barton had other ideas.

The following possession the senior guard drained a 3-pointer to push the Tennessee lead back up to double digits with 11:19 left in the game.

The Bulldogs only managed to get it within that margin for a split second, but another Barton three dashed Georgia's chances of a comeback as the Vols cruised down the stretch to secure a 67-48 victory.

"Not only (were those shots) weight off my back, but it also took a lot of pressure off our bigs and off of Jordan (McRae)." Barton said. "Jordan comes out and does a heck of a job scoring every night and guys double Jarnell (Stokes) a lot, so me hitting shots is something I have to do."

Hot Topic: A Tennessee victory usually goes hand in hand with a big performance by Jordan McRae, especially at home.

Coming into Tuesday's matchup, the senior guard averaged 21.2 points per game in the Vols' 11 home victories.

McRae, however, didn't light the Bulldogs up inside Thompson-Boling Arena.

Instead, he scored 11 points, his second lowest total in a home victory – he had nine against Morehead State, but also played in a season-low 19 minutes in that contest.

Fortunately for the Vols, the Midway, Ga., native's offense wasn't needed as Stokes dominated down low to the tune of 20 points and 11 rebounds – his 15th double-double of the season – and Barton snapped out his cold shooting spell.

His fellow teammates, however, were quick to admit the Bulldogs weren't the ones to slow the All-SEC guard down.

"I don't think they shut Jordan down," Barton said. "He wasn't as aggressive as he's always been, but he saw that Jarnell was hot and so everyone wanted to feed him the ball. When he's hot like that we just give him the ball. So I don't think they shut him down."

Spotlight: For Reese and Barton, Tuesday's contest was the end of their troubles from beyond the arc.

Barton shot 4-of-7 from 3-point range, marking his first make from beyond the arc since the Vols' road loss to Vanderbilt on Feb. 5.

It was also only the second time he had hit multiple threes in a game since UT's victory at LSU on Jan. 7.

"When you work on your shot and you put the time into it – and he has put a lot of time into it – eventually those shots start to fall," head coach Cuonzo Martin said. "I think that's the biggest key for him (turning it around).

"If you don't put the time into it, there is no need to be upset, but he puts the time into it so that's probably why he wants those shots to fall and he shows emotion when they do."

While Reese only shot 1-of-4 from beyond the arc, his one make was his first since Tennessee was defeated by Texas A&M on Jan. 11.

Although he still may be in a slump, Martin said he sees Reese as somebody who can change the course of a game when he is hot.

"(Derek) is not shooting as well as he is capable of shooting," Martin said, "but he's one of those guys that can rattle off four to five shots in a row from three so we just have to get him to where he has that confidence to consistently shoot the ball."

The other guys: Guards J.J. Frazier and Kenny Gaines combined for 25 points on 9-of-15 shooting.

The rest of the Georgia squad shot just 8-for-35 (25.7 percent) from the floor.

Outside the box score: This was the only scheduled matchup between the Bulldogs and the Vols this year, marking the first time the teams won't play each other twice in the regular season since 1962-63.

Say something: When asked about what Barton said as he stared at the court after he made his fourth 3-pointer of the night, Martin stated it was one simple word: "Amen."

By the numbers

48: Georgia's 48 points were the fewest allowed by Tennessee all season.

5: Charles Mann – Georgia's leading scorer – scored five points. It was Mann's second-lowest point total of the season.

16: Tennessee outscored the Bulldogs in the paint by 16 points. The Vols scored 34 points down low while UGA could only muster 18.

Up next: The Vols will look to avenge their heartbreaking 57-56 loss to Texas A&M on Jan. 11 as they travel to College Station, Texas, to take on the Aggies on Saturday at 3 p.m.