"Indescribable."

For Tennessee sophomore golfer Oliver Goss, that single word was the only way he could describe his experience of playing in The Masters this past weekend at the age of 20 years old.

"You can't describe it in one sentence," Goss said. "It's different for everyone, and it means different things for each person. So for me, that's what I have to think about and what it meant to me.

"It's the most amazing experience of my life so far."

Not only did the Australian-born golfer make the cut and play throughout the weekend at the Augusta National course, but also finished as the low amateur in the tournament, winning the Silver Cup.

The achievement gave Goss the opportunity to be in elite company, joining Bubba Watson and Adam Scott – the current and former winner of the tournament – in the Butler Cabin for a moment he will never forget.

"It was amazing," Goss said. "Bubba has won two of the last three, and Adam has won the one in-between those. To sit down with the two champions of the last three years is just an honor. I know Bubba was super emotional during that time and I can understand that, but it was really cool what he did."

The week began with Goss sharing the links with his favorite player, Scott, during Tuesday's practice round, even managing to secretly secure an autograph from the 2013 green jacket winner.

"Last year, I was on the other side of the ropes watching him and I ended up buying a 2013 flag, and when we were on the 12th tee, I was really quiet and got him to quickly sign it for me," Goss said. "Just to play a practice round with a former champion, you can't really describe that experience. It's invaluable."

Goss was the only amateur to make the cut on Friday, following a second round that saw him shoot one-under par.

The highlight of his phenomenal day came on the 14th hole – known as the "Chinese Fir" – when he sunk a birdie putt to go two strokes below par on the day.

"It is a really tough hole, especially the slope of the putting green," he said. "I was fortunate to hit a really deep drive down there, and I only had to use a pitching wedge to get it on the green and stop it six or eight feet away and make the putt for birdie."

Goss, who currently ranks ninth in the World Amateur Golf Rankings, finished 10 strokes over par and finished his weekend with a par on the 18th hole Sunday.

"I tried to live in the moment, but it was really difficult," he said. "I really didn't stop and realize how special it was until the final two holes.

"I tried to take it all in because the whole week goes so fast."

If the weekend wasn't already enjoyable enough for Goss, he also celebrated his 20th birthday on Saturday and was given a Masters-themed birthday cake. He also had a special moment on the final hole in his third round of play.

"The most unique moment of the weekend was the crowd singing happy birthday to me on Saturday afternoon after I putted out on the 18th hole," he said. "It was a really cool moment and meant a lot to me."

While there, he also got to talk with some of the legends of the game.

"I met Jack Nicklaus, Nick Faldo, Ben Crenshaw, Gary Player and Tom Watson as well and we chatted for a little bit, which was huge for me," Goss said. "The ceremony at the end was the coolest thing on the putting green with the green jacket. That's what the whole weekend led up to."

And while he was having the weekend of his dreams, Goss was also constantly reminded of the place he calls home, as the Volunteer faithful supported him throughout the tournament.

"I got a couple hundred 'Go Vols' and 'Go Big Orange' every single day," he said. "On Twitter everyone was going nuts, and I think I gained 2,000 more followers.

"The Tennessee family is something exceptional."