Watching Saturday's first quarter, I was speechless. Four days later, I still don't think there are many words that come to mind when I think of what 86,783 Volunteer fans and I witnessed between the 4:24 and 0:31 minute marks in the first quarter of play.

I plan on watching a lot of football games in the rest of what I hope is a long, healthy life, but I honestly don't think I will ever see the likes of five turnovers in six plays again.

But it's time to put all this UT-WKU talk to bed. There are more pressing issues in Tennessee football that need discussing and all of those conversations include two words.

Oregon. Ducks.

It goes without saying that the Vols – even with the one vote the team received in this week's AP Poll – will be heavy underdogs when they travel to Eugene, Ore. to face the No. 2 team in the nation, a team that is 31-3 in the last five years inside Autzen Stadium.

With that said, this game might not be important to the Vols from a winning aspect, because, to be honest, they stand very little chance against a team that could be the best in the country. Its importance from a confidence standpoint, however, cannot be underestimated.

This is a young team with a bright future under Butch Jones, but getting blown out early against the Ducks could risk this team's psyche for the rest of the season.

An explosive offense that is currently averaging 425 yards on the ground and 62.5 points per game pitted against a Volunteer defense that has shown improvements from last year's debacle and has yet to face a high-caliber opponent to date this season may not be something that anybody wants to watch.

Add in a UT offense that looked mediocre at best on Saturday against WKU, and you don't have the best recipe for keeping this game close.

Then again, somebody probably said the same thing in 2010 when then-No. 7 Oregon came to play at Neyland Stadium.

A repeat of 2010 for this team could be just what the doctor ordered.

Sure, the Vols lost that game 48-13, but they went into halftime tied 13-13 and were actually leading 6-3 after the first quarter. It wasn't until the Vols forgot how to tackle and LaMichael James broke out a 72-yard run that the game got out of hand.

Can you imagine this Volunteer team – which has played 18 freshman in two games – going into halftime tied with Oregon at Autzen?

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but you get the point. The Vols just have to do enough to keep feeling good about themselves after they are handed their first loss in the Butch Jones era.

The Jones era has had a near perfect start so far, and if there is any coach that could get his guys to rise to the occasion and keep this one close, it's the man who has utilized his keen motivational skills all offseason.

One thing is for sure, it will definitely be a shootout come 3:30 p.m. EST on Saturday. We will just have to see if it will be one-sided or not.

Upset Prediction of the Week

Last week's prediction: Miami over No. 12 Florida

No. 6 Texas A&M over No. 1 Alabama, 24-14

We'll call last week's prediction beginner's luck, but hopefully we can keep this train rolling. Now, I know No. 6 over No. 1 isn't what you would call a bold upset, but when No. 1 happens to be the back-to-back national champions, it's a big upset regardless of who they lose to.

The Crimson Tide did not look strong in their season opener against Virginia Tech, recording only 206 yards, which was six yards less than the Hokies, whose QB went 5 for 26. The Bama offense misses the likes of Chance Warmack, Barrett Jones, D.J. Fluker and Eddie Lacy this year, and I cannot see it getting any better in a hostile environment like College Station. Oh, and no matter what you think about Johnny Manziel off the field, the kid can play. He has beaten the Tide once already and I think he will do it again.

Troy Provost-Heron is a sophomore in journalism and electronic media. He can be reached at tprovost@utk.edu, and followed on Twitter at @TPro_UTDB.