Sports Editor David Cobb and Copy Editor Dargan Southard covered UT's game against Georgia on Saturday. They assessed grades for each position based on the group's performance in the Vols' 34-31 overtime loss to the Bulldogs.

Quarterbacks: B+

Justin Worley shook off a rough first half to execute in the most crucial situations of his UT career. The junior led the Vols' offense on a trio of second half scoring drives that showed obvious improvement from early season mediocrity. He finished the game with more passing yards than UGA's Aaron Murray, the SEC's all-time passing yards leader. - David Cobb

Running Backs: A

With Marlin Lane out due to injury, it was Rajion Neal's show to steal, and the senior running back more than delivered. The Fayetteville, Ga., native rushed for 148 yards and two touchdowns; his second straight triple digit yardage game. Neal's most prolific highlight came on one of UT's three fourth-down conversions, a 43-yard scamper off a perfectly called pitch play. - Dargan Southard

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: B

The pass catchers took a giant leap forward from last week's relatively subpar performance. Pig Howard racked up 116 all-purpose yards. Marquez North and quarterback Justin Worley finally got on the same page for a 19-yard touchdown, and freshman tight end A.J. Branisel had a huge 28-yard reception on fourth down that extended a crucial drive in the second half. - DS

Offensive Line: A-

This unit provided Butch Jones with the necessary confidence to go for it on three important fourth down plays late in the game. Though Worley was technically sacked three times, the offensive line consistently provided him with enough of a pocket to comfortably make throws. - DC

Defensive Line: B

Corey Vereen notched a huge sack on Murray in the third quarter with Georgia leading 17-10. This unit bottled up interior runs as it has done most of the season but did let Murray loose from the pocket for a 57-yard gain on the final play of the third quarter. A personal foul on Vereen aided the Bulldogs on their game-tying drive at the end of regulation. - DC

Secondary: B+

While two key wide receiver injuries hindered the Bulldog passing attack, the UT secondary still did an excellent job in limiting Aaron Murray to just 196 yards through the air and a 5.6 yard average per attempt. The UGA signal caller was still able to throw for three touchdowns, capitalizing on the Volunteers' poor coverage on slant routes. - DS

Linebackers: B+

Dontavis Sapp played one of his best games of the year with Curt Maggitt still relegated to cheerleader duty on the UT sideline. Perhaps as important as his on-field performance was a motivational speech Sapp gave to the team in the locker room in the moments after the game. - DC

Special Teams A+

Jones has made it a point to have a nearly flawless special teams unit, and it appears Michael Palardy and company have responded positively. The senior specialist finished with a 51.2 yards per punt average, including a long of 65 just before the half. In addition, Jalen-Reeves Maybin continued his special teams success, blocking a punt late in the third quarter that Devaun Swafford returned for a score. - DS

Week 6 GPA: UT receives a 3.45 for its performance against Georgia

Cumulative GPA: Through six games, the Vols hold a football GPA of 2.85