Jarnell Stokes, Jeronne Maymon, Jordan McRae and Robert Hubbs.

If you have been part of a Tennessee basketball conversation and its upcoming season, these have been the names that you have heard the most about.

Even with those headline names, the characteristic this team is most proud of is the depth in talent from the stars to role players.

"I think going into year three, we have top-to-bottom talent," head coach Cuonzo Martin. "Guys that can play the game. We have young guys who are very talented, experienced guys who are very talented. You have guys who have been in the trenches and guys who have played in big games.

"So now it's just a matter of gelling that talent together and finding minutes for guys. We have to make sure these guys are able to play together."

The depth is a welcomed sight as the team suffered from a lack of quality backups in Martin's two seasons in Knoxville, but the gift of having so much talent can be a curse in terms of finding minutes for everyone deserving of playing time.

"I think the toughest part as a coach is when you have multiple guys that you really have to find roles for," Martin said. "We have to really embrace and accept our roles. That's why we talk a lot about family and togetherness, because what happens is once you start getting to this point and into the season, somebody has to accept their role in order for our team to be successful."

Sophomore Armani Moore, who scored six points in the Vols exhibition game against Florida Southern, bounced around last season and played numerous positions due to his ability to be a defensive stopper.

This season, however, the Kennesaw, Ga., native is focusing on adding more offense to his defensive-heavy game.

"We have a lot of depth on the team, so there could be one role that I just have to stick to and just continue to add to that same role," Moore said. "Most importantly, I feel like this year, I'm going to be more offensively minded, but at the same time continue to play defense and rebound the ball."

The Vols will also look to fill the void of some serious contributors off the bench as Skyler McBee and Kenny Hall both graduated in the offseason.

Derek Reese can potentially step into the role of a knockdown perimeter shooter and also has the ability to be more of a defender and rebounder than McBee with his length.

"I feel like I can fill that role as a shooter, but I still want to do other things," Reese said. "I want to be able to defend, and really I just want to be as versatile as I can so whatever I can do to help the team, that's what I want to do."

Senior guard D'Montre Edwards could also be in play for some minutes as he has shown some flashes to be a streaky scorer – even though he didn't have the best of nights in Saturday's scrimmage, finishing the night shooting 2 for 5 for five points.

Edwards has also been the beneficiary of some praise from Martin in terms of building team chemistry.

"One thing about D'Montre is that he is a team player," Martin said. "He took advantage of the minutes that were presented to him."

The talent level for this team is something that Martin believes can get this team over the hump and into the NCAA Tournament for the first time in two years.

"You can work hard and compete and be in games and be tough, but you have to have the talent and personnel to try and win it in the end," Martin said. "I think we have the talent to do that."