For all the publicity they've received during their careers at UT, senior forward Jeronne Maymon and junior forward Jarnell Stokes have each only played through an entire season once for the Vols.

And they have actually only been on the court together for half of a season.

In the 14 regular season games they played alongside each other during the 2011-12 campaign, Stokes and Maymon combined to average 22.8 points and 15.4 rebounds as they led a late UT charge that faltered on the doorsteps of the NCAA Tournament.

With Maymon nursing a bum knee last year, Stokes averaged 12.4 points and 9.6 rebounds a game while partnering on the inside with Kenny Hall and Yemi Makanjuola, who are both departed now.

Though the Vols occasionally played four guards, the combined efforts of Makanjuola and Hall failed to rival Maymon's level of production in 2011-12.

Thus his presence is a welcome re-addition for Stokes in 2013-14.

"I am just glad he is out there," Stokes told reporters. "He is older and plays older. He understands the game. That is the biggest thing that was missing last year at that position."

For Maymon, he is most excited to share the court with a player that he has seen grow so much since the last time they played together.

"Now, he's more polished," Maymon said. "He has a name behind himself in the SEC so me and him playing together again is going to be pretty good for VolNation."

And Stokes and Maymon are not the only one's relieved to see UT's frontcourt bolstered.

"It's good to have him back," UT coach Cuonzo Martin said of his fifth-year senior, "just his feel for the game, his leadership on the floor, his ability to defend, work hard and make plays. The guys love having him around."

To say 2013-14 is the last go-around together for Maymon and Stokes is true. But in actuality, it's the only full go-around the tandem will have together in their careers.

Though they've only had limited action with one another, they view their chemistry in the post as a positive.

"They know when a guy is down, how to read it," Martin said. "That part is good. I think it helps both guys because it is hard to double team one guy when you have another guy that can rebound the ball."

Stokes said he may have been too young to study and appreciate Maymon's game during his freshman year. He's aware now of the dynamics that his "bruise brother" will add to the paint this year.

"He also takes up my slack," Stokes said. "On defense, he helps with rebounding and getting to that ball. I have to get better at that. He gets the rebounds that I couldn't get."

With such a buzz surrounding the post presence of the Volunteers roster – ESPN's college basketball analyst Dick Vitale ranked the UT frontcourt No. 11 in the country – the two are expected to dominate in the paint, something Maymon believes the "bruise brothers" will do.

"I don't think so at all," Maymon said when asked if anybody could stop the two down low. "But that has yet to be determined, so we will see."