After a tough loss to Memphis and tough news regarding Jeronne Maymon, the Volunteers will try and start conference play on a positive note against Ole Miss Wednesday evening.

Ole Miss (11-2) comes to Knoxville riding a three-game win streak heading to SEC play. Leading the way for the Rebels are junior-transfer Marshall Henderson, whose 18.2 points per game lead the SEC, and Murphy Holloway.

"He can really shoot the ball," Martin said. "They have the pieces. It will be a great challenge for us and we will see."

Henderson, who has had stints at Utah and Texas Tech during his career, has made 52 3-pointers on the season.

"They have Marshall Henderson who is really shooting the ball well and I think he might be averaging 10-11, maybe 12 threes a game, averaging 18 points a game," Martin said.

Holloway is averaging a double-double (15.8 points per game and an SEC-best 10.9 rebounds per game) on the year.
The Volunteers (8-4) will have to be active on the glass in order to succeed against Ole Miss.

"They attack the glass. You have to be aggressive and boxing out, but more importantly our guards have to do a better job of chasing rebounds."

Tennessee looks to reassert themselves on the defensive end after allowing over 70 points for the first time this season against Memphis.

"I don't think we did a good enough job with our transition defense and that is where it starts," Martin said about the Memphis loss. "Our half court, I think we did a good job, but with the transition we had breakdowns and that is where it starts. In the second half we did a better job."

On the offensive end the Vols have struggled putting the ball in the hoop, shooting below 45 percent from the field the last four contests. The Vols will look to get 3-point specialist Skylar McBee back on track.

"I talked to Skylar yesterday, Skylar's technique is good," Martin said. "There is nothing wrong with his shot, nothing wrong with the flow of his shot, his follow through is good, but he is probably about 15 inches off the 3-point line when you are shooting the basketball as opposed to getting up on the line and knocking the shot down. If you aren't used to shooting 15-20 inches off the line, that is a deep shot as opposed to the normal shot you are taking in practice."

Jordan McRae has risen for the Volunteers and helped carry the offensive load for Tennessee during the slump.

"I just had to learn what shots to take, to attack more and not just throw up threes," McRae said.

The Vols hold the edge against the Rebels in the all-time series 63-39 and have won 11 straight games at home against Ole Miss. This is the final game of the Vols' six-game home stand. Tennessee currently stands at 4-1 during the run.