It's officially National Signing Day, the day every fan anticipates.

Recruiting websites are scoured for information and every reporter awaits the tip that will give their news organization a lead on everyone else.

On NSD eve, the Vols are ranked No. 24 in the nation, making the Vols a Top 30 team. Tennessee made a big jump from No. 32 only last week with the help of an additional signee.

As first-year head coach Butch Jones seeks to bring Tennessee back to the glory days, everyone is aware that this is not a one-and-done process. Building the program will take time and energy, years and not days.

That said, the key to any program is the possibility of star recruits.

The Vols are 11th in the SEC with five signees and 18 total commitments. Jones has commitments from five four-star recruits, namely offensive linebacker Jalen Reeves-Maybin, wide receiver MarQuez North, wide receiver Paul Harris, strong-side defensive end Jason Carr and wide receiver Ryan Jenkins.

Safety Lemond Johnson, inside linebacker Corey Vereen and cornerback Riyahd Jones have all signed, but UT is waiting for a few important additions to the 2013-2014 roster.

Some notable recruits who have yet to commit, but are still considering UT as a potential school are defensive tackle Montravius Adams, safety Vonn Bell, defensive back Mackensie Alexander, running back Alvin Kamara and safety Antonio Connor.

Bell, a safety coming out of Georgia, has expressed a high interest in Tennessee and is a five-star recruit. After recently losing quarterback Tyler Bray and wide receivers Cordarrelle Patterson and Justin Hunter to the NFL draft, the Vols will focus on wide receivers and preparing rising-senior Justin Worley to lead the team to a winning record this coming fall.

Up-to-date information on signees will be reported via Twitter by The Daily Beacon sports staff, and more information can be found on utsports.com where they will be hosting a live show along with regular signee updates.

The Beacon's Twitter handle is @DailyBeacon.Tennessee will hold a press conference at 4 p.m.