Four overtimes.

That's what it took for the Tennessee Volunteers to outlast Texas A&M for a 93-85 win on Saturday.

It's been two days, but the Vols are still seeing affects from the longest Tennessee basketball game in history. Senior starting guard Trae Golden scored 32 points and was on the court for 56 minutes. On Monday, Golden was named SEC player of the week.

"That is not a surprise in my opinion," head coach Cuonzo Martin said. "...I have said it time and time again, In order to be the best you can be as a team, you have to have good guard play. Those guys (Golden and Jordan McRae) are playing well for us. It is just a credit to Trae, bouncing back, keeping his composure, getting in the gym like (Monday) morning, working hard on his game. As a result, you cannot hide from hard work and Trae Golden has done a great job of getting back in the gym, refocusing, letting the past be the past but learning from it and I am happy for him."

Now, Martin is focusing on what he can do in practice for the team to continue to play at full potential but still get the much needed rest that they deserve.

"This time of year (changes) are probably out on the floor," he said.

That mean's taking Sundays off, lessening the amount of contact the team sees in practice and giving players like Golden, who spend more time on the floor, the rehab they need to compete in the next game. Martin said they also watch a lot of film to get a feel for upcoming teams.

Sophomore forward Jarnell Stokes wasn't concerned that practice would not be challenging enough.

"I think practice is probably harder than games," Stokes said.

Right now, the Vols are gearing up to play the No. 8/6 Florida Gators on Tuesday. Martin said the team's five-game winning streak has given them the confidence they need to get over this next obstacle. 

"I think confidence is the most important thing outside of what we do on the court and how we do it," Martin said. "When you play with a level of confidence you have a chance to do big things. It is still the same team, still the same players, but when you have the confidence and you feel good about yourself, and you are making shots, and you are talking about a team that was not making three point shots at all.

"Now you go five-for-five, 10-for-15 and 10-21 from the three point line. It is the same guys. It is just a level of confidence, believing in themselves and more importantly not giving up, and I give them a lot of credit for because you have those tough game, those roller coaster type games where you are up and down, win one, lose two, win three. It is just so emotionally taxing on the body and the mind. It just takes a toll on you. Give these guys a lot of credit for standing and fighting."

With the NCAA tournament around the corner, Martin said he wants the team to focus on one game at a time. Senior guard Skylar McBee said he didn't think the team's game against Florida on Tuesday would define the rest of their season. 

"I'm not gonna say it's a must win, but it's definitely something that will build the resume," McBee said. "Beating a top-five team in the nation is always gonna be a great win for you, but I still think with whatever happens, we're still gonna have a shot."