The Tennessee Volunteers (14-10, 6-6 SEC) will look to follow up on their domination of No. 25 Kentucky on Tuesday when the Louisiana State Tigers (15-8, 6-6) roll into town.

The Vols are feeling confident after the Kentucky victory, some might say they're too confident, but head coach Cuonzo Martin doesn't believe that is the case.

"I don't worry about it," Martin said. "When you win ball games, I like to have that type of issue if you're winning. These guys understand. They want to be successful, and they know the things we have to do to be successful."

With only six games left in the regular season, the Vols are starting to heat up as they are currently on a three game winning streak following a really slow and inconsistent start to the season.

"We just kept reminding ourselves that there is a chance of turning it around," junior guard Jordan McRae said. "We just reflected on last year, knowing that we've been there before and there is always a chance to turn things around."

The Vols find themselves on the outside looking in when it comes to the NCAA Tournament which is a similar situation to the one they faced last year.

"We're definitely trying to get into the tournament," senior forward Kenny Hall said. "That's a goal for us, but all we can do is take it one game at a time. I don't think it's too late for us, but we need to handle these next few games and do what we have to do in the SEC Tournament."

Last season the Vols were able to defeat the Tigers in Baton Rouge in a overtime thriller, 74-69. Junior guard Trae Golden believes that LSU will come into Knoxville looking for payback.

"I expect LSU to come in here hungry," Golden said. "We understand they are a great team, so we're gonna make sure we are ready to play. We can't overlook LSU."

The offense for the Vols, which averages 64.7 points per game, has really turned it on lately, scoring 40 points in the first half of the Vanderbilt game and 88 against Kentucky. This production, which is due in part to the increased tempo of the offense, is going to be necessary against a defensively tough SEC opponent in LSU.

"It's just a relentless push of the ball," Golden said. "It doesn't matter who gets it, whether it's me, Jordan, or Josh (Richardson), we just try to push the ball and I think that has really helped us out a lot. We're just trying to push the tempo and run and Jarnell (Stokes) is very athletic so he can out run his guy most times, so that's what we are trying to do."

The Vols were able to shoot a perfect 5-for-5 from three in Saturday's contest against Kentucky. If they are able to continue to find the range from outside, senior guard Skylar McBee believes that they should be able to spread the floor and open the paint for sophomore forward Jarnell Stokes.

"Teams are doubling Jarnell down low and I think when we are shooting it well it just spaces the floor more and it makes it harder for teams to double team him," McBee said.

The game will tip-off from Thompson-Boling Arena at 7 p.m.