It was a rough weekend for the Tennessee Volunteers baseball team as their 19-2 defeat at the hands of the South Carolina Gamecocks on Sunday completed a sweep of the weekend series that saw the Vols get outscored 36-14.

The Vols entered the series against the Gamecocks looking to end their five-game losing streak but were disappointed as the weekend added to their unfavorable streak.

"It's not a good feeling at all," catcher Ethan Bennett said after Sunday's loss.

While the series defeat will be a hard one to stomach, Bennett said the team isn't going to let the losses from this weekend tear them down.

"Once you put your head down, you're only going to get pushed down in the dirt even more," Bennett said. "We just got to keep our chests out and be big about it."

Now the Vols (13-17, 3-9 SEC) will focus on the road ahead and travel to Johnson City on Tuesday to play against ETSU, where they hope to end their current eight-game losing skid.

"You got to remember (the weekend), but still come out and get a win," Bennett said. "We know ETSU is going to be after us, and they're going to be wanting to beat us. So I think we can turn that around, and use that fire and get after them."

The team is looking to rebound and get to work on fixing their mistakes so they can learn from them and be fully prepared to take on ETSU.

"We have to move on," head coach Dave Serrano said. "It's about us playing good baseball, and that's what I want to see ... I want to see us play good baseball, and it'd be nice to get out of this funk because it's not going to get any easier."

The remaining opponents that the Vols will face from here on out are all challenging foes, so they're trying to figure out a way to take these losses and turn them into an incentive to work harder and become stronger in order to pull out some much needed wins.

"I'm a big believer in the baseball gods," Serrano said. "I think the baseball gods are really testing us right now to see how much we can endure until we finally step up and become tougher, and start finding a way to get things done."

First pitch from Johnson City is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.