Baseball – After the Diamond Vols' matchup against MTSU on Tuesday night, the team is heading to Gainesville, Fla., for a three-game set against Florida this weekend. The games are set for 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday will conclude with an afternoon game at 1 p.m. on Sunday.

Basketball – The team might be taking some time off during the offseason, but head coach Cuonzo Martin sure isn't. He recently scored commitments from 6-foot-10 center Rawane Ndiaye and 6-foot-4 three-star point guard Darius Thompson. The committals join already-signed five-star shooting guard Robert Hubbs, 6-foot-8 power forward A.J. Davis and 6-foot point guard Travon Landry. Rising senior Jordan McRae has also communicated his intention to remain on the team for the 2013-2014 season.

Track and Field/Cross Country – The track and field team has officially scored their highest rankings since director of track and field/cross country J.J. Clark first took the position. The team was named to the United States Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association top 25 for the first time in three years.

The Vols leaped 15 places to hit No. 20 with 91.58 total points. Tennessee last checked in on the national rankings coming in at No. 23 on April 20, 2010.

"This is just the beginning phase for the men to be ranked in the top 20," said Clark. "We're striving to get even higher. The good thing is all the guys that are in the top 10 or top 20 are returning next year. Our goal is always to continue to get better. This is just a start, and in my mind, it must be automatic to be in the top 10 or 20. It's good for our program and I look forward to continued improvement as we move forward."

Football – The Orange and White game marked the end of spring football. Get ready for next year's coverage from future sports editors David Cobb and Troy Provost-Heron.

Golf – Tennessee's men's golf team finished the SEC tournament in 14th. The team never followed up the success of their second round score of 293 and carded a tournament total of 299-293-303--895 (+55).

Tennessee's bright spot of the tournament came from freshmen Oliver Goss and Chad Merzbacher. The duo finished 1-2 in the Vols SEC Championship standings.

Swimming and Diving – Tennessee head swimming and diving coach Matt Kredich was named the 2013 recipient of the National Collegiate and Scholastic Swimming Trophy. The College Swimming Coaches Association of America made the announcement on Tuesday.

In his first year as the head coach of the newly combined mens' and women's swimming and diving program, he and his staff led the Lady Vols to a third-place finish at the NCAA Championships – their best in program history. The Vols took 16th in the men's competition, an improvement of six places over last season.

According to a report on utsports.com, the trophy is presented annually to an individual or organization that has contributed to swimming as a competitive sport and/or as a healthy recreational activity at schools and colleges in a significant way. It is the highest award of its kind given in the U.S.

"I'm very grateful for the recognition that this award brings to the job that our entire coaching staff did this year," Kredich said. "Because I have tremendous respect for the high level of coaching that goes on across all NCAA divisions in a variety of circumstances, it is really very humbling to have our program honored in this way. I'm very appreciative of the recognition and I'm committed to live up the the standard that this award represents."

Tennis – The Tennessee Volunteers lost 4-0 their title match against the Georgia Bulldogs at the SEC Men's Tennis Tournament. The team lost a close doubles point and was unable to recover from the disappointment.

"We competed hard in doubles, but I just think they lacked the belief in singles," head coach Sam Winterbotham said. "Look, you've got to give Georgia great credit. They lost one match all SEC season. Today, they didn't really give us a sniff. I'm a little disappointed, I know our guys are disappointed."

But the Vols can't stay down for long. They now turn their focus to the NCAA Tournament, which begins May 10. As the No. 7 team in the nation, the Vols are a likely choice as one of the 16 host schools in the first and second rounds. The NCAA draw selection show will be April 30.