Georgia State is currently considered the underdog heading into Neyland Stadium against the Tennessee Volunteers Saturday.

Only last week, the Panthers struggled in a 33-6 loss to Football Championship Subdivision opponent South Carolina State.

Despite the Vols' physically imposing lineup, Georgia State head coach Bill Curry refuses to let his team walk into this matchup without the belief that they can win.

"They're huge up front on both sides of the ball," Curry said. "But they are not supermen, they're good players, (and) we believe we can move the ball on them. We believe that we can perform in a way that gives us a chance to win going into games like this. If we play our best and catch our opponent on a down day we got a chance and that's what we sell to our team to get ready to play our very best."

Having only existed for three years, Georgia State's football program is young, but intimidation is not an issue due to the Panthers' previous experience against FBS opponents, including Alabama in 2010 and Houston in 2011.

"It's just another football game," junior safety Kail Singleton said. "They put their pads on just like we do, we practice just like they do. We just have to go into this game high emotions, heads up, forget last week and we got to move on and come together as a team and finish games and make those plays."

During last week's game against South Carolina State, the Panthers ran for 99 yards and passed for 130 yards. That lack of yardage was a stark contrast to the 488 total yards of offense given up by the Panthers in their defeat.

Their struggles moving the ball have led to Curry making significant position changes, moving his returning starting quarterback, junior Kelton Hill, to safety and opening the door for redshirt freshman Ben McLane to start in his place.

"We've made some moves to try to help our team and get our best players on the field," Curry said. "Kelton Hill will play defense, but he's very much available for wildcat package."

While this is the first time Georgia State and Tennessee have matched up on the gridiron, Curry has previous experience against the Vols from his time as an athlete at Georgia Tech and at his previous head coaching stops at Alabama, Georgia Tech and Kentucky.

As a player, Curry was 2-2 against the Vols. As a coach, Curry is 5-11-1 in 17 meetings against Tennessee, including a four-game winning streak from 1986-89 while at Alabama.