With the third Saturday in September just a day away, final preparations are underway for the No. 18 Florida Gators (2-0, 1-0), who head into Knoxville looking to extend their series-winning streak to eight games over the No. 23 Tennessee Volunteers (2-0).

Despite the Gators averaging 30.4 points per game and limiting the Vols to 15.1 points over their last seven meetings, dating back to the 2005 season, Tennessee enters the game as a three point favorite in the game.

The line is not much of a surprise to second year Florida head coach Will Muschamp, who anticipates the Vols explosive attack on offense led by junior quarterback Tyler Bray.

"Tennessee is very explosive offensively and has nine starters returning," Muschamp said. "Bray is a guy that's very accurate with the football and can make all of the throws. You turn on the tape and he's got a touch on the ball, he can throw the ball downfield and he can throw it on the line, but he makes all of the throws."

While the Vols have had an efficient running game in their first two games this season, it is expected that they will look to go to the air attack against the Gators secondary that will be missing linebackers Jelani Jenkins and Ronald Powell, as well as defensive back Cody Riggs.

The secondary for the Gators will look to key on receivers Justin Hunter and Cordarrelle Patterson who have combined for 26 receptions for 383 yards and four touchdowns this season.

"Hunter and Patterson are outstanding at wide out," Muschamp said. "They are two very explosive guys that can stretch the field vertically and have very good ball skills down the field, they can make all the plays."

While the Gators come into the game ranked eighty-fourth in the country in total offense compared to the Vols eleventh national ranking, they have established a force in the running game with senior tailback Mike Gillislee.

In their 20-17 victory over Texas A&M last week to kick-off their SEC conference play, Gillislee led the way rushing for 83 yards and two scores.

While the conference-leading rusher was banged up after the game, his coaches expect him to be all in Saturday night, and the Gators will look for the run game to open up the passing game.

Leading the air attack for the Gators will be senior Jeff Driskel who will look to insert his game management skills and leadership on the gridiron. In addition, Driskel will try to find the holes in the Vols 3-4 defense, which is facing their hardest test so far under new defensive coordinator Sal Sunseri.
While both teams will be in the spotlight Saturday night, as the 'College GameDay' crew will be on hand and the game will be airing on ESPN, Muschamp realizes the tradition of the third Saturday of September and the impact it has on the rest of each of the two teams' seasons.

"They were two of the top five teams in the nineties," he said of the UF-UT rivalry. "Basically the third Saturday in September, whoever won that game had the leg up in the East. It certainly was not the answer, if you go back in history and look it up, the winner of the game didn't mean you were going to win the East, but it certainly helped you throughout the season."

Kickoff in the top 25 matchup, which is the first time the two teams have faced each other ranked in the Associated Press poll since 2003, is set for 6 p.m. EST.

Florida leads the all-time series 22-19.