The Lady Vols volleyball team continued the hot weekend as they won both matches they played against two SEC opponents.

In game one on Friday, Oct. 5, the Lady Vols went up against the Missouri Tigers in a back-and-fourth match that the Lady Vols were able to pull out in five sets, 3-2.

Head coach Rob Patrick was pleased with his team after the victory against a talented Missouri team.

"It was a good win for us, we haven't been playing as well as we need to against really good teams," Patrick said. "Missouri is a very good team, they have some very talented players, we saw Lisa Henning take 74 swings and their number 8 (Whitney Little) is the best blocker in our conference and then they have a setter (Molly Kreklow) who is basically an All-American. So they have some very talented young ladies on that team and I felt really happy about how we grinded through that match."

Patrick also gave praise to sophomore outside hitter Tiffany Baker, who lead the team in kills with 23.

"I was happy with the way Tiffany Baker did a really nice job in all the things that she did," Patrick said. "Serving, she put them on their heels a lot with her serves, she played a really low error hitting game, which I thought was fantastic."

Coming off the spoils of a hard-fought victory against Missouri, the Lady Vols took the court again Sunday against the Georgia Bulldogs.

Late in the third set, the Lady Vols found themselves tied 22-22 after losing the first two sets, but they rallied to take the third set as well as the fourth and fifth come-from-behind against Georgia.

"Everybody paid some good money to watch some volleyball so we figured we'd give them their money's worth," Patrick said.

Patrick attributed his team playing from behind to Georgia's gameplan and execution, but said his team's resiliency shown throughout the second half of the match.

"Georgia played really well, touching and digging everything and they had a good gameplan for us and they came in ready to play before we were ready to play," Patrick said. "We went into the locker room after the second set, we talked about we weren't going to score 50 points in a row, we weren't even gonna score three points in a row, it had to be one at a time so either we were prepared to be here for two-and-a-half hours or Georgia was gonna win and they understood that and I think that was something that really helped provide the resiliency."

Senior outside hitter Kayla Jeter had a double-double in the contest, setting a career high in kills with 27 along with 12 digs, but says she is more focused on the team than her individual stats.

"For me, it's about going out and winning. I don't even look at the scoreboard up there, I don't even know how many kills I have, I'm just trying to win and take it point by point."

The Lady Vols go to Baton Rouge to play LSU this Wednesday.