The Vols battled the weather Tuesday morning as they continue to prepare to face Troy this weekend.

"It was cold," said Dooley. "'Frankenstorm' is wreaking havoc on us, but we had pretty good energy and the execution was good."

Dooley was focused on how the Volunteers' struggling defense will defend against the Trojans' up-tempo offense and their ability to spread the field.

"They are up-tempo, they spread you out and they shoot those passes out quick. They just kind of nickel you down the field."

Troy gave Mississippi State all they could handle in a 30-24 loss. The Trojans put up 572 yards of offense on the then-11th ranked defense in the nation.

"Anytime you play an offense that can generate yards and points, you have to hold on," said Dooley.

Troy also implements a two quarterback system. Corey Robinson is the passing threat whereas Deon Anthony attacks defenses with his legs more than his arms .

"They have one guy that throws it real well and one guy that runs it real well," said Dooley. "You have to defense those quarterback runs a lot harder. Their other guy can really shoot it down the field."

Quarterback Tyler Bray was also pleased with the way the team practiced, despite the weather.

"Our energy was good," said Bray. "We're starting to figure things out, we know what we want over these last four games and it starts with this one."

After a rough four weeks against some of the toughest competition in the country, the Volunteers are ready to get back in the win column.

"It's been a tough four weeks and we are just really ready to get a win," Bray said. "We all have lots of energy because we are tired of losing. We have practiced well the last three weeks, it just hasn't translated to wins and we're ready to get back to that."

The Vols are still reporting that running back Rajion Neal and offensive lineman Zach Fulton are day-to-day.

"Rajion looks better, he's not 100 percent. The same with Zach," Dooley said. "Rajion could definitely play, it's just him getting over the mental hurdle of understanding that (he) is hurt."

Neal echoed Dooley's comments on his ability to return to action this week.

"I'm feeling really good and doing a little bit more week-after-week and day-after-day," Neal said. "I go into every week like I'm going to play and prepare myself like I'm going to be out there."

The seniors on the team also realize how important these last four games are for their ability to end their career with a bowl win and a winning season.

"I have four games left here," Zach Rogers said. "It is dwindling down here and I realize that, so I am just trying to give it all that I've got."