It's difficult to replace an All-SEC second team player, but the Vols have done their best to continue on in the absence of Jeronne Maymon.

Senior Kenny Hall has been the player called upon to fill the shoes of Maymon, who is sidelined due to off-season knee surgery.

"I've adapted pretty well, but it's still a continuing fight," said Hall. "There is still a lot of (the) season left, so (we're) just trying to go out there and keep producing."

Hall is averaging 8.2 points per game in just under an average of 24 minutes of play this season.

"I feel like I always need to step up, it's no pressure that he's on the court or off the court. If he (Maymon) was still here I would still play the same way," Hall said.

Point guard Trae Golden has taken notice of Hall's inspired play and contributions on the court.

"It's tough because Jeronne is a huge part of our team, but Kenny has filled in nicely," Golden said.

The floor general also realizes that more players than just Hall need to step up in order to keep winning games.

"Everybody down low just has to rise to the occasion to fill the void," said Golden. "There's nothing we can really do to replace him because Jeronne is who Jeronne is. So we just have to continue collectively as a team to fill that hole right now."

Yemi Makanjuola has also been called upon to play more minutes. The sophomore has averaged seven minutes of play and had an impressive outing against UMass where he scored five points and brought down five rebounds in the Volunteers' final game in Puerto Rico.

Though it's difficult to replace such a key player, head coach Cuonzo Martin is proud of the way his team has responded early in the year.

"So far we've been 4-1 without him," Martin said. "The thing about it is he is a talented player, but what happens with you lose a piece like that, you can lose guy that scores the ball, you can lose guys who can do different things, but when you lose a guy that is kind of the blueprint of Tennessee basketball – tough, hard-nosed, defends, rebounds, facilitates, a tremendous leader, great character – when you lose those types of things it's obviously tough for a team."

There is still no timetable for Maymon's return.

"He's got to be on the practice court first – banging around, getting physical – but he hasn't been on the court yet," said Martin. "For us a player has to be healthy first. Then we can assess from there."

Moving forward, Martin is trying to prepare his team for their matchup with Georgetown on Friday.

"I think it's good for our guys to play a team of this caliber," said Martin. "Being in that atmosphere, in that venue on ESPN, it's a good gauge for our guys against a good team. They present a lot from an offense standpoint, but also a physical team that defends with their length."