On Monday at 7 p.m. ET, the Tennessee Volunteers men's basketball team will take on the Golden Grizzlies of Oakland University. The game represents the Vols' first competition since placing third in the "Puerto Rico Tipoff" tournament.

"We're definitely going to work on a lot of things," said point guard Trae Golden. "Our defense and things like that, but it's nice getting to rest and then play at home on Monday."

It is only the third meeting between these two teams. The previous two games demonstrated favorable results for the Golden Grizzlies as they eased toward victory in both games. In order to prevent a third straight Oakland victory, the Vols will look to provide an answer for Junior Guard Travis Bader who is seen by many as one of the premier shooters in college basketball.

Oakland University's 2-4 record this season poses as a deceptive threat. Of the four losses on their record, one came at the hands of 15th ranked Michigan State Spartans, while another came in overtime against the perennial powerhouse Pittsburgh Panthers. The Golden Grizzlies have shown their ability to hang tough with the best college basketball has to offer.

"Anybody can beat you at any time," head coach Cuonzo Martin said.

The Vols will work hard to avoid a letdown, and they will accomplish this task by running most of the offense through star sophomore forward Jarnell Stokes. Stokes has shown why he was placed on the Naismith early-season watch list, as he leads the team in the two major offensive categories of points and rebounds and is developing the necessary confidence to body up and go one on one with the best of the best.

"(Stokes) has done a really good job of facing up, (he has also) done an excellent job of attacking offensive glass. If he does not get the ball, he does a good job of keeping it alive," Martin said.

While Stokes' success has brought a sense of optimism to the Rocky Top faithful, the status of senior forward Jeronne Maymon continues to cloud up the picture. Last year, Maymon burst upon the scene and earned a starting spot after transferring to UT from Marquette University. He excelled on the defensive glass while also providing respectable statistics on offense.

Despite his successes in the 2011-2012 campaign, Maymon has still not been able to step on a basketball court this season due to his balky knee. His knee was repaired earlier this year in March, but since the surgery he has experienced setbacks that continue to riddle his return with doubt.