The Tennessee Volunteers (3-5, 0-5 SEC) return to Neyland Stadium this weekend to take on the Troy Trojans for the 2012 homecoming game.

The Trojans boast a high-powered offense, averaging 459.6 yards per game. It's not exactly a treat for the Vols' defense, which is giving up 33.9 points per game.

Tennessee defensive coordinator Sal Sunseri said Troy's ability to move the ball down the field in different ways is something the Vols will be preparing for.

"In Troy, I see a team that comes out and is very multiple, they are delivering the ball to all four wide receivers," said Sunseri. "They will go to empty, they will go into a two-back set, they will run the option and they have two different style quarterbacks."

Senior quarterbacks Corey Robinson and Deon Anthony lead the Trojan offense, with Robinson being mostly a pass-first quarterback and Anthony being more of a runner. Head coach Derek Dooley said the two-quarterback system with be a threat to the Vols' defense.

"They have one guy that throws it real well and one guy that runs it real well," said Dooley. "I wouldn't really say it's 'wildcat' because (Anthony) can throw it too. But the one quarterback does a lot more. You have to (defend) those quarterback runs a lot harder. Their other guy can really shoot it down the field."

The Tennessee defense has given several big plays throughout the season, but that's something the team is working to reduce this weekend. Sunseri said they have been working on keeping players contained in practice.

"We are giving up too many dang explosives and when you give up explosives, it is costing (us)," said Sunseri. "We are going out in practice and making sure that we aren't giving up any explosives in practice, keeping them short, keeping them to a minimum, and that is going to help them on Saturday."

Despite their struggles, Sunseri said the defense has had a good week of practice.

"The kids came out this week and are still getting better," said Sunseri. "We are trying to get better, trying to do the fundamentals right. They executed pretty dang well out in practice (Wednesday). It's still about putting yourself in position, making a play, bringing your feet with you and they have been working hard."

The Vols' stats are more postive heading into Saturday. They have been victorious in the previous three homecoming games, and with the season heading to the home stretch, the seniors are starting to see the end.

Senior receiver Zach Rogers said he's become aware that his collegiate career is coming to a close.

"I have four games left here, probably five with the bowl game. It is dwindling down here and I realize that, so I am just trying to give it all that I've got," said Rogers. "It is my last time around here. You can't leave anything behind and I'm just giving it all out on the field every Saturday."