It wasn’t over before it began, but it was over soon after, as Tennessee quickly ran away from Arkansas 77-58 Wednesday night at Thompson-Boling Arena.

Tennessee (14-12, 6-5 SEC) has now won four straight games, and nine of its past 10 at home. Arkansas (17-9, 5-6) remained winless on the road this season, dropping to 0-9 away from Bud Walton Arena.

It's the first four-game win streak for Tennessee since Feb. 2008. The Vols are now tied for fourth in the conference standings and have won six of their past eight.

“Definitely going along in the season with a new team and a new coach, I feel like we’re learning everything a lot better,” said sophomore guard Jordan McRae, who led UT with 14 points off the bench. “Our goal is definitely to try to win out and make it to the (NCAA) Tournament.”

Tennessee had another balanced night, with six players scored in double-figures: McRae, Trae Golden (13), Jeronne Maymon (12), Skylar McBee (12), Cameron Tatum (11) and Jarnell Stokes (10).

“The past three or four games, we’ve done a good job running the motion offense,” said UT coach Cuonzo Martin. “That’s a credit to our guys moving and getting open against the zone defense. When you make that pass, good things happen. We penetrated and found the shooter.”

Less than an hour before tip-off, Tennessee announced junior forward Kenny Hall was suspended indefinitely “for conduct detrimental to the team.”

Martin wouldn’t comment on what Hall did, but said he will not practice or travel with the team to Alabama for Saturday’s 1:30 p.m. EST tip-off. Martin said he was surprised with Hall’s actions.

Hall (6.2 points and 4.5 rebounds per game this season) had started 16 of 25 games this season, and two consecutive in place of Stokes, who has been dealing with a hand injury. Stokes started, and freshman Yemi Makanjuola played six minutes in a four-guard set UT ran most of the night.

The Vols used a 19-0 run to take a 23-6 lead at the 13:31 mark of the first half and never looked back. UT started the game shooting 12-of-15, 5-of-6 from 3-point range, and finished the first half shooting 68 percent from the field, a season-high for any half.

In the end, they shot 56 percent (28-of-50) from the field, and 48 percent (11-of-23) from beyond the arc. Arkansas shot 43 percent from the field and 25 percent from 3-point range.

Tennessee led 47-30 at halftime, just missing a season-high in points (49 against UNC-Greensboro in the season-opener). The Vols led by as much as 24 points.

The Razorbacks couldn’t do much against the Tennessee defense, being pushed to the end of the shot clock throughout the night, and turning the ball over 18 times.

Arkansas used a 12-2 run early in the second half to come within 11 points by the 15:58 mark. However, UT put together an 11-1 run to go up 74-53 with 3:29 remaining.

“We’re getting a vibe for each other, a good chemistry for each other,” said Tatum. “We’re learning how each other is going to play, where each person likes the ball, and each other’s strengths.”

Golden left the game around the 14-minute mark in the second half, favoring his right ankle area after getting tripped up in the paint with McRae. He returned five minutes later, and Martin said he would be fine for Alabama.

B.J. Young finished with 18 points for the Razorbacks. He put up 27 points against South Carolina on Saturday.