After posting just 36 points over the weekend against Georgetown — the second lowest total during the shot clock era in UT history —the Vols will look to rebound on the road against the University of Virginia.

"I think we recognize the things that we did wrong and we see ways to improve that," said Skylar McBee.Tennessee (4-2) struggled to penetrate the Hoyas' 2-3 zone, and expect teams to try and stop them with the zone moving forward.

"It teaches us that other teams are probably going to start playing us in zone cause of how bad we did," said Jarnell Stokes.

Head coach Cuonzo Martin disagrees and believes Virginia will stick with their traditional man-to-man style.

"They don't really play zone," said Martin. "I think they showed a 1-3-1 twice this season, but they're a man-to-man team."

The Cavaliers (6-2) are riding a five game winning streak, with recent wins over North Texas, Wisconsin and Green Bay.

UVA has a balanced attack with Joe Harris on the perimeter and Akil Mitchell in the post. The team's two leading scorers are averaging 16.5 and 12.6 points per game, respectively.

"I watched a little bit of them on film and they run a triangle offense and their forward and center can play all over the floor," Stokes said. "They play with a lot of movement."

For Stokes he will also be competing against a friend of his.

"I know Justin Anderson is one of my friends as far as playing on the AAU circuit," Stokes said. "I'm just looking forward to playing them."

Virginia's Jontel Evans is also a member of the All-ACC Defensive Team for his efforts last season.

Even though Tennessee struggled to score against Georgetown, the team is sticking with the process and is confident that the shots will start to fall.

"We played well against some zones we saw earlier in the year," said McBee. "I think Kennesaw State showed us zone at some points and in that game the shots went down. So we just couldn't get anything against Georgetown and it's tough to get anything going against a zone when shots aren't falling from the outside."

Tennessee shot a horrific 32.6 percent from the field and 18.8 percent from the 3-point.

This is the first meeting between the two schools since 2007 when Tennessee defeated the Cavaliers 77-74 to move onto the Sweet Sixteen. Virginia leads in the all-time series 7-4.