With only three days left until the first game of the year, the Volunteers are gearing up for their showdown with North Carolina State.

The Vols moved practice indoors to try and simulate the atmosphere of the Georgia Dome and worked on getting ready for the Wolfpack.

"They have a very accurate quarterback," said head coach Derek Dooley. "When you throw for three thousand yards and complete 63 percent of your passes, you're pretty good."

NC State quarterback Mike Glennon is a six-foot-six graduate student and threw for 31 touchdowns last season, second only to Philip Rivers of the San Diego Chargers.

The Vols will look to minimize Glennon's and his receivers' ability to stretch the field.

"They're a great team, but we're a great team also. We're just going to come out and compete," said defensive lineman Darrington Senimore.

Tennessee is also adjusting to playing without Da'Rick Rogers. Four days after being suspended indefinitely, the 2011 All-SEC receiver transferred to Tennessee Tech.

"He is not a part of our team, as expected," Dooley said.

Vincent Dallas, who has already been switched from a wide receiver to a defensive back, now makes the move back to the offensive side of the ball.

"Pig (Alton Howard) and (Jason) Croom have been out, so all of a sudden we got thin at wideout. That's what he was and he wasn't in our two-deep at corner, so he's got a chance to play for us. He's done well and he's excited," said Dooley.

The Vols will have two more practices before they leave for Atlanta.