Tennessee has some work to do in rebuilding its receiving corps, but it has the tools to do it.

The Vols’ top receivers from last year, Denarius Moore and Gerald Jones, as well as tight end Luke Stocker, all departed for the NFL, taking nearly 2,000 yards, 141 catches and 15 touchdowns from last year with them.

Important returners, which include All-SEC Freshman team selections Justin Hunter and Da’Rick Rogers, and junior Zach Rogers, are committed to not having a drop-off, though.

“This year, we all buckled down and learned the playbook,” Rogers said. “We really learned the offense and how the defenses play in the SEC.”

Hunter and Zach Rogers are UT’s top returning receivers, with 415 and 207 yards, respectively.

Hunter had his breakout performance with a 110-yard game against Georgia. He proved to be a touchdown machine, scoring five touchdowns in the last five games of the season on just six catches, and producing a UT freshman record of seven for the season.

Zach Rogers did most of his damage last season in the first four games, while filling in for an injured Jones in the slot, and is looking to play a bigger role for Tennessee this year, no matter what that means.

“Me, I just try to come out here every day with the mindset to get better, try to improve as a player and make this wide receiver corps the best corps on the team and improve the team the best I can,” he said. “If they want Da’Rick in the slot or Justin in the slot, I’ll slide out and play outside. It’s whatever they need, whatever this offense needs.”

Sophomore receiver Matt Milton praised Rogers for his importance to the team as a player and a mentor.

“Zach knows everything, so when we’re stuck we go to him,” Milton said. “He’s helped me with everything and just learning how to get out there and putting it on the field.”

Da’Rick Rogers, a 6-foot-3, 215-pound sophomore, had more rushes than receptions last season, as the Vols were looking for ways to use him, but now is one of the main wideouts for UT.

“Da’Rick has his moments that he’s very good and sometimes, he’s not around very often,” coach Derek Dooley said. “We’re looking for Da’Rick to become a more consistent performer. He flashes his physical abilities quite often, but we need him to be consistently doing that.”

Tennessee welcomes freshmen DeAnthony Arnett and Vincent Dallas as well. Arnett was a four-star prospect, according to Rivals.com. He was rated as the No. 12 receiver in the nation for the class of 2011. Dallas, an Ellenwood, Ga. native, was rated as a three-star prospect by most major recruiting organizations.

“They’ve got all the stuff you can’t coach: speed, hands and stuff like that,” Milton said. “They’re going to be pretty good.”

With Tyler Bray now seen as one of the better quarterbacks in the SEC, the receiving corps is hoping to help the offense be the bright spot for the Vols.

“As a whole, as an offense, we’re clicking right now,” Rogers said. “Bray knows all the receivers, even down to the back-up with Simms and Worley. They’re all good, we feel like. We’re gelling together right now.”

According to offensive coordinator Jim Chaney, the recipe for success is simple for his receivers.

“Run good routes, catch balls and go score touchdowns,” Chaney said. “It’s a simple deal for them.”