The objective was simple for the No. 14 UT volleyball squad this weekend: Beat Arkansas and LSU and secure a share of the SEC crown. They completed the objective, but the mission is not over.

The Lady Vols defeated the Razorbacks 25-21, 25-17, 25-21 on Friday night. On Sunday they performed in a similar fashion as they swept LSU, the SEC’s western division leader (25-19, 25-18, 25-15).

With the victories the team improved to 26-3 (18-1 SEC) and 12-0 at home.

“We take each game one step at a time,” sophomore outside hitter Kelsey Robinson said after the victory on Sunday. “LSU was just one more game. One more game in our way of getting what we want.”

What the Lady Vols want is an SEC championship. And they can achieve that goal with a victory over rival Kentucky on Wednesday.

“Our eyes are on an outright (championship),” UT coach Rob Patrick said. “When we went into the locker room it wasn’t some big celebration.”

After falling to the Wildcats in a five-set thriller on Oct. 12, the Lady Vols have rolled off 11 consecutive victories to set up Wednesday night’s 7 p.m. rematch at Thompson-Boling Arena.

“We’re going to enjoy this tonight, and then tomorrow morning we’re going to get on Kentucky,” Patrick said. “This team, they just want to win. Whether the conference title is on the line or not, they want to win.”

Robinson led the team with 31 kills over the weekend. She chimed in with a similar perspective about the season finale against the Wildcats.

“I’m so excited,” Robinson said. “I can’t wait to get payback. Tomorrow when we wake up, our eyes are on Kentucky.

“We want to win the SEC outright.”

Robinson’s emergence as a leader is one reason why Patrick believes his team has been able to maintain its success this season.

“Kelsey (Robinson) is our team,” Patrick said. “She makes us go. Our team’s eyes are on her. She is somebody that has a huge impact on our team.”

As the Lady Vols team captain, Robinson leads the SEC in both kills and service aces. She was honored as the National Player of the Week by the American Volleyball Coaches Association earlier this season.

“I’ve come from programs where I’ve had to have that role so I’m kind of used to it,” Robinson said. “I love that pressure situation. I love knowing the ball is coming to me. I kind of take on that role and I have great support with all of my teammates. They make it really easy for me to be able to do that.”

For Robinson the expectations don’t stop with just an SEC title.

“Coming into the season we really wanted to win the SEC and go far in the tournament,” Robinson said. “To go to the final four or all the way was our ultimate goal.”

Like Robinson, Patrick believes his team’s capabilities reach beyond just the SEC title.

“They’re competing for a higher seed in the NCAA tournament. We want to get as high of a seed as we can so that we can have a better chance of going further in the tournament.”

The NCAA tournament field will be announced on Sunday, Nov. 27 with tournament play getting under way on Dec. 1.