The Volunteers (4-5, 0-5 SEC) are 13-3 all-time against Arkansas (8-1, 4-1) since their first meeting in 1907, but as the team travels to Fayetteville for the 17th meeting with the No. 8 Razorbacks, Tennessee is prepared for one of its greatest challenges of the season.

Though injured and weary from having the toughest schedule in the nation, the Vols look to overcome Arkansas’ impressive offense for the win. UT coach Derek Dooley said the team is focused on the game and is hoping to see improvement as they face the Razorbacks for the first time since 2007.

“Arkansas, we all know about them. Great quarterback, great offense, a lot of fast single-digit guys running around at receiver and the return game. A top-10 team on the road,” Dooley said. “I’m just really worried about us and going out there and trying to put together four quarters against a quality SEC team on the road in all three phases. That is really our focus. I’m looking forward to the challenge, and we will see if we are improving.”

Arkansas’ offense posts a serious threat to the Vols, but Dooley is aware of the challenges at hand and is preparing the team for the obstacles they will face to achieve the win.

“They’ve got a quarterback (Tyler Wilson) that has a real playmaking mentality — a little bit like Tyler (Bray) has,” Dooley said. “They have a lot of speed on the perimeter. They play fast. It’s not that they just run fast, they run fast without the ball. They have a real confident swagger to them. Every time a team inches closer to them, they answer the bell. Pow! Pow! Pow! — touchdown. I’ve seen it so many games. So, yes, this will be our biggest challenge answering the pass. And it’s really hard to stop them. Not many teams have.”

Sophomore receiver Da’Rick Rogers said that he and freshman quarterback Justin Worley have been working more on getting on the same page and that with time, he hoped Worley would get a better feel for his speed and timing. Rogers said the team’s recent shutout against Middle Tennessee State may not have been as big of a win as the team had hoped for, but that it was a step in the right direction.

“It helped. We only scored 24 points, but I mean, it was a step,” Rogers said. “The offense has been a little slow, so it was a step of getting us ready for Arkansas.”

Junior defensive back Prentiss Waggner said Wilson would pose one of the greatest issues for the defense.

“Arkansas is going to be a big test,” Waggner said. “I think we know what’s at stake this Saturday. We know Arkansas got a gun-slinger, a guy who can make all the throws. He’s not scared to make any throw. He’s going to try to fit it in there with his strong arm. That’s a big challenge for us.”

Despite the heightened challenge against Arkansas, the Vols’ win over MTSU on Saturday sparked a new hope for the team and hopefully, a continued new winning streak.

“I think there’s a lot more confidence now,” Worley said. “We went through that losing streak. There’s a new attitude, new excitement ’cause we have another win under our belt. A win makes the biggest difference going into the next week.”