It's no secret the Vols have struggled to play 60 minutes of football this year.

Tennessee will need to find a way to extend its first half success into the second half if it wants to win its first conference game of the season against South Carolina.

Getting that win on the road against a top-25 team is a difficult task, but the Vols will need to have better execution and play more mentally sound in order to upset the Gamecocks.

Running back Tauren Poole has been a bright spot on offense, despite playing behind an inexperienced and injured offensive line. Poole has gone more than 100 yards rushing in four of UT's games this season and will need another big performance Saturday. The Vols must find a way to be in the game in the third and fourth quarters in order for Poole to continue to get carries.

With Matt Simms battling a minor knee injury this week, it's safe to assume both Simms and freshman Tyler Bray will take snaps at quarterback. Regardless of who's under center, the signal-caller must find ways to get the ball to UT's receivers in space against a Gamecock defense that ranks last in the SEC in pass defense.

Defensively, the Vols haven't been able to stop opposing SEC offenses all year. South Carolina sports one of the best and most balanced offenses in the conference.

For the Vols to have any chance of winning, they must find a way to slow down running back Marcus Lattimore and contain receiver Alshon Jeffery. Both Lattimore and Jeffery will make their fair share of plays, but the Vols must tackle well and avoid giving up game-changing plays to the duo.

Gamecocks' quarterback Stephen Garcia can get rattled by blitzes, leading to turnovers, and the Vols must find a way to get pressure on Garcia, much like they did last week against Alabama's Greg McElroy.

The margin of error for the Vols is razor thin. UT must win the turnover battle and get points, specifically touchdowns, when they get into the red zone. But more importantly, the Vols must come out of the locker room to start the second half ready to finish the game. If they can put together a performance like the one at LSU, UT could find itself with a chance to win in the fourth quarter.