The Gamecocks enter the game against the Vols as the front-runner in the SEC East.

They are led by a very talented offense, which features playmakers at the skill positions. After the Vols allowed Georgia's A.J. Green and Alabama's Julio Jones to have huge outings in each of the past two games, the Gamecocks will look to do the same with receiver Alshon Jeffery.

Jeffery is a big, physical receiver, who leads the SEC in receptions and yards per game. The sophomore has hauled in six touchdown passes on the season and is the go-to guy for quarterback Stephen Garcia. Garcia ranks second in the SEC in passing efficiency, but he has been known to make mistakes in critical situations during his career.

For the first time since bringing his visor to Columbia, S.C., Steve Spurrier has a dynamic running back in Marcus Lattimore. The true freshman was one of the most heralded recruits to ever sign with the school and averages 89.7 yards per game on the ground, despite missing last week's game against Vanderbilt with a sore ankle.

Lattimore brings an added dimension to the Gamecock offense and if not 100 percent, could force Garcia to have to beat the Vols through the air.

The Gamecocks rank last in the SEC in passing defense but hold opponents to just 101.3 yards on the ground, good for second best in the league.

The South Carolina defense will need to contain Vols running back Tauren Poole and force whichever quarterback UT has on the field to beat them passing.

One way the Carolina defense can slow down the Vols' passing game is to get pressure on the quarterback. The Gamecocks have sacked opposing signal-callers more than any other team in the SEC, and UT has allowed the most sacks in the conference.

In the end, South Carolina needs to withstand the first-half fight Tennessee has put up to opponents this year and use its depth to wear the Vols down in the third and fourth quarters, relying on Jeffery and Lattimore to carry the offense to victory.