Let's talk about sex, baby.

For the second year in a row, UT ranked in the bottom 25 on Trojan's annual Sexual Health Report Card, sparking conversation about what a sexually healthy campus looks like and why UT is falling short.

The Trojan Annual Report Card ranks schools based on 11 categories concerned with the sexual health resources and educational programs provided for students on campus.

Ashley Blamey, director of the Safety, Environment and Education Center, said sexual health is a topic the university is passionate about.

However, some student and faculty members beg to differ.

"We have a lack of resources in the sense of our mindset and in the culture we have," said Brianna Rader, a senior in College Scholars and co-founder of Sexual Empowerment at Tennessee, the organizational committee behind Sex Week. "Everything from the administration to the students, and everyone in between, they are not placing emphasis on this issue. We have a lack of resources in that people are not willing to talk about this."

Campus resources for sexual health include a Student Health Center, a Women's Clinic and the SEE Center, which provide students with medical assistance, STD testing, sexual assault counseling and general health information.

Condoms are made available to students at the Student Health Center. Blamey said students were provided over 6,000 free condoms in 2012.

The university also provides peer-led educational programs called "Vols2Vols" upon request.

Blamey pointed out the work of Rosa Thomas, a wellness coordinator, who has provided over 75 sexual health-related presentations last year for the campus community and health-related courses.

"Vols2Vols provides peer-led education and the current commitment is for sexual health and healthy relationship education," Blamey said.

Rader said she feels this approach is a ridiculous notion of educating students properly.

"How realistic is it that we are expecting students to print off the program themselves and educate themselves?" Rader said. "That's not happening. We need to do more."

Many of the universities ranking higher than UT on Trojan's scale have sexual wellness websites that provide a wide range of information related to sexual health.

"If you look at Brown University's sexuality center and their website, it has everything on how to have a female orgasm to where to go if you're raped," Rader said. "It covers everything, and it is out there in the open, so if a student needs to know, it's there."

Often, students on UT's campus aren't aware of the resources available to them, Rader said.

Colette Telatko, freshman in supply chain management, said if something happened to him or a friend, he would not know where to go to get help.

"They did like a 15-minute spiel at orientation about not putting yourself in a bad situation, but I haven't really heard anything about it since," Telatko said. "I see that as a problem."

Rader and fellow student Jacob Clark founded SEAT in response to a student survey submitted two years ago, on which students requested more information about sex. This demand was evident in the response to last year's inaugural Sex Week event.

"Students were given the opportunity to meet with a health professional at one of the sessions last year, so if they had issues that they wanted to talk about they could talk about them, and I think those sessions were full," said Joan Heminway, a professor of law and faculty advisor for SEAT. "We needed more of them. They had nurses that just saw people constantly, booked through the whole thing."

In Heminway's opinion, college is a complicated and trying time for young adults, and it's the university's responsibility to prepare its students to deal with those challenges.

"Campuses can be risky. Risky behavior happens on campuses," Heminway said. "If we're not treating our students with respect and protecting them all equally — men, women, gay, not gay, transgender — we have to protect everybody. We have to do more than protect them, we have to educate them."