One day on her way to class, Brianna Rader overheard three young men selling each other "roofies" on Pedestrian Walkway. She decided it was time to take action. Rader and Jacob Clark, both juniors in College Scholars, founded SEAT (Sexual Empowerment and Awareness at Tennessee) to host "Sex Week" this spring.

"The students (selling the roofies) were not hiding the fact and were completely unashamed," Rader said in a statement. " ... I decided to bring a sexuality speaker (Megan Andelloux) to campus through the Issues Committee in the spring of 2012. The event was a success, so I thought about expanding the idea. I researched Harvard and Yale's 'Sex Weeks' and approached Jacob."

After the sexual assault that occurred in Hodges library last semester, Rader believes the event will benefit UT's campus.

"In light of the Hodges sexual assault from last semester, it is obvious our campus needs to lend its voices to this crucial conversation and emphasize the importance of transparency and communication when dealing with sexual assault," Rader said. "'Sex Week' provides the platform needed to discuss the 'rape culture' and will certainly promote a safe environment for dialogue. Sensitivity is needed when discussing sexual assault but not silence."

Clark hopes the week will be a learning experience.

"I hope, firstly, that each student that attends any of our events will learn something about themselves and about someone different from them," Clark said in a statement. "Ultimately, I would hope that this week can bring some health to our sex culture at UT. I want students to feel comfortable in their sexual and gender expressions, and I would like to see an attitude among students that embraces open dialogue over resorting to silence or hateful behavior when disagreement or uncomfortableness arises."

"Sex Week" kicks off on Sunday, April 7. Students who want to help out are still welcome to apply online.

"It is never too late to get involved with 'Sex Week' or SEAT, which is the student organization that puts on 'Sex Week,'" Rader said. "We'll be building our volunteer base much more this semester. If students would like to get involved, then we ask them to fill out (a) short form, which can be found under our 'Get Involved' tab on our website, sexweekut.org. Also, we encourage students and other Knoxville community members to contact us at sexweekut@gmail.com for questions."

The week's events will include a wide variety of activities on the mental, physical, spiritual and emotional significance of sexuality.

"I'm most excited about our Faith and Sexuality panel and our keynote speakers, " Clark said. "Our Faith and Sexuality panel will be a large discussion, presentation and debate on how different faiths treat sexuality. I personally believe that one's faith and choices and beliefs regarding her or his sexuality often intersect heavily, so I am excited to hear the input of religious leaders and fellow students at UT."

Megan Andelloux, a registered sexologist, will serve as the keynote speaker for the opening event.

"...(She) is one of the most engaging, fun and interesting speakers I have ever seen," Rader said. "She has created a talk specifically for (UT) based on a survey Jacob and I created and released five months ago. It will discuss general sexuality topics such as gender, college hook-up culture and orgasms. Additionally, she will be discussing the importance of 'Sex Week' and Tennessee's specific sex education laws."

Other events will include more active student participation.

"I'm also excited for our Virginity Conference, Golden Condom Scavenger Hunt, and Faith & Sexuality events," Rader said. "The week should have a festival atmosphere to it, where events are happening all day, every day, all week. Some events are meant to have thirty people, and some events are meant to have 300-500 people. Our schedule will be released later this month."