Primetime television slots, commercial spots, the Internet and newspaper space aren't the only medium s being filled with constant chatter regarding the presidential election.

For UT students Katie Rall, sophomore in biology, and Matt Kyker, junior in accounting, Twitter and Facebook have become saturated with Obama vs. Romney talk, too.

"During the debate they're pretty much full of commentary and most of it is uneducated, not very smart, kind of personal issues as opposed to actual debate issues," Rall said.

With Twitter, a site that wasn't popular until after the 2008 election, reporting 6.5 million #debate tweets dispatched during Monday's final presidential debate, it's nearly unavoidable.

Kyker doesn't have a Twitter account, but he hasn't been immune to the social media discussions.

"Facebook, I mean we're from the South, so people typically fall Republican," Kyker said. "They're trying to bash Obama about not answering questions and how he rails Romney for not having any specific plan, even though he does have the five point plan as a framework."

For Kyker, a Republican, those are the "more mature" arguments he says are presented by his friends via social media.

Rall's experience on debate nights has been different.

"A lot of times people are commenting on appearance, or commenting on things that don't actually have to do with the debate," Rall said. "But most of the time (social media) are very full, and you can tell by the content of the comments who they're voting for, even if they pretend they don't know."

For a demographic comprised primarily of 18-21 year olds, the 2012 election is the first election that most college students are eligible to participate in, a dynamic that Kyker believes alters the level of interest that his fellow students show in the debates.

"I think so, because in high school, they know that they can't really vote, and they don't really matter, or I guess that they feel like they don't really matter," Kyker said. "And those aren't the things that they're interested in. They're not really thinking 'Oh, I want to get a job when I graduate' or 'Oh, I want to fix this social issue.' In high school you kind of get in a click and you don't really experience those things unless you're on the negative end I feel like."

Rall believes that students are more politically aware now than they have been previously in their lives, but not necessarily about important issues.

"I don't know that I would say people care more," Rall said. "I feel like people are paying more attention to it, which is good. But I don't know necessarily that they're paying more attention to it for a purpose. I feel like they're paying more attention to it because right now it's prevalent, and their friends may be paying more attention, so they will too.

"Yet they're going to comment on it and try and influence other people's decisions, when in fact they don't actually care about the elections and don't actually care about the debates."

For Kyker, talk on social media doesn't affect his opinion of what he sees as the primary issue.

"We're kind of in a bubble," Kyker said. "We don't really see all the economic impacts because we're in college. So the prevalent issues in our lives are social issues. But that's not the prevalent issue in America. What we're here for is to get a job, and we're not going to have a job when we get out of college if we don't get the economy working."

Twitter has been successfully inundated with political opinions during the debates. But it might break on Nov. 6 when the election finally happens.