Post-college life often leads college graduates down a slew of different paths, with most straying away from their original major. But sometimes, things still stay the same.

UT Downtown Gallery of Art hosted a opening titled, "20 Years Later," which featured works from the School of Art MFA graduating class of 1993.

Fourteen artist were showcased at the event, which took place on South Gay Street on First Friday, a monthly event catered to galleries in the area.

Spearheaded by art alumnus Joel House, the now part-time artist said he received the idea after connecting with former classmate Scott Palmer via Facebook. He said the two lost touch after House moved in 1998, but Palmer had the idea of starting a reunion.

"It was really ironic, because during that time period was when the Internet became publicly accessible," House said.

Pieces from large wooden sculptures to oil paintings to mixed media were featured at the event.

Similar to other artists, House has become a renaissance man in terms of his career.

The father, who currently resides in Rochester, Mich., owns a seasonal mobile kettle corn company and a webstream music radio program, while also working as a customer service representative.

"(I want) to show the UT community that creativity and art making don't necessarily have to go hand-in-hand," House said. One piece that fused both his creative and practical sides was a chrome refrigerator door covered with report cards, children's doodles endeared to parents, family vacation photos and colorful magnets.

House said his art and his career projects still involve some form of the sculpture concentration that he studied in school.

Kassandra Cox, senior in plant sciences, said she enjoyed how the artists managed to connected using social media methods.

"There's information saying how social media hinders people from connecting with one another," Cox said. "But there's also a lot of benefit in it."

Full list of featured artist include: Annette Bongers, Brad Cantrell, David Deitrick, Eric Fracassi, Debi Henry, Joel House, Melanie McLaughlin, Scott Palmer, Melody Reeves, Kris Rehring, Laurie Robichaux, Eric Smith, Rob Tarbell and Earl Watson.

House said he hopes that the gallery will inspire other art students, current and alumni, to start their own reunions.

"It's good to see that students can see what graduates are doing," House said.

The UT Downtown Gallery Exhibition of "20 Years Later; UT School of Art- MFA Class of 1993" runs from Aug. 2 to Aug. 24, with a closing reception on Aug. 23 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. This event is free and open to the public.